A-Shell Network

Hurricane Ian

Posted By: Jorge Tavares - UmZero

Hurricane Ian - 28 Sep 22 06:08 PM

Hope that nobody here, neither your family and friends were severely affected by this one.
Posted By: Herman Roehm

Re: Hurricane Ian - 29 Sep 22 12:24 AM

Jorge, fortunately we don’t have friends or family in that part of Florida. Thanks for the inquiry
Posted By: Ty Griffin

Re: Hurricane Ian - 29 Sep 22 12:27 AM

Looks like Frank (Asheville, North Carolina) is going to get some rain, though no hurricane threat.
Posted By: Jack McGregor

Re: Hurricane Ian - 29 Sep 22 12:44 AM

If I recall correctly, our old friend Don Heierman planned to move his boat from Key West to somewhere on the West Coast of Florida shortly after we saw him at the Conference a few years ago. Hopefully he had enough advance warning to move it (and luckily, with a boat, you can.)
Posted By: Ty Griffin

Re: Hurricane Ian - 29 Sep 22 12:47 AM

I hoped he moved it AGAIN, since I believe that after Key West he moved the boat to the Fort Meyers / Cape Coral area--just south of the hurricane's path.
Posted By: Jorge Tavares - UmZero

Re: Hurricane Ian - 29 Sep 22 07:23 AM

I'm glad for not hear about any incident here.
Yes, Don came into my mind, but in this case, a boat is better than a house, considering he is an experienced sailor, for sure, he will not wait to see Ian in the eyes and moved in advance.
Hope so, from what I've heard yesterday, Fort Myers would be the point of return into the coast, after what, it will go down to cat.1.
Posted By: Frank

Re: Hurricane Ian - 05 Oct 22 04:51 PM

Sorry late to the party here -

All good here we dodged the brunt of Ian as it tracked more east in the last 24 hours. Not so much on the west coast of Fla unfortunately some areas may never be the same.
© 2024 A-Shell Forum