Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
macro keystrokes #28207 20 Apr 05 05:47 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
I've had a good hunt about in the help but unable to see if th editor has got macro keystrokes like VUE (or log it as an idea!), where you can record a bunch of keystrokes and then play it back over and over.
(I know it will have to exclude things like ESC and Search etc)

VUE: F2 is Capture
Shift/F2 is Stop Capture
F1=Play

Keep up the great work...

Re: macro keystrokes #28208 20 Apr 05 07:24 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
I can understand what you're asking for and I confirm there is nothing implemented in the Editor like this.
When we studied the VUE compatibility mode for the Editor this feature came up, but considering all the easiest shortcuts for editing available in the Editor we thought that, this could be not so necessary to include.
I'm not saying that's difficult to do, but I'd like to have some examples where this could be useful, can you exemplify some ?

thanks

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: macro keystrokes #28209 20 Apr 05 07:36 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
Example, good question, I use it a lot and can I come up with an example to make it sound worth while, no, i'll have to rack my brain.

Its normally used for certain cursor/keyboard movements that I want to repeat or if im using a repeated word/value or want to say put version/comments on the end of selected/changed lines. Use 'copy' I hear you say! smile

Put it at the bottom of your ideas list, im sure your have (or will have) a zillion more important things to do.

Re: macro keystrokes #28210 20 Apr 05 09:04 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Yes, copy/paste is a good option, but the best one is define all the most used words/commands in Code Blocks and easily access it using the button on the top toolbar or even define shortcuts for each one. Of course that, if you are going to define a thousand, define shortcuts just for the top 10 or 20 smile

By the way, if you didn't yet looked into the Code Blocks, let me add that, there you can even define the position where the cursor should be when you insert each Code Block.

Hope it helps.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal