Next Thread
Print Thread
Microsoft OAUTH #37335 10 May 24 03:45 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi,

I'm trying to autjenticate to Microsoft Power Platform in A-Shell using SOSLIB[908,77]OAUTH and would appreciate advice for the settings to use and where.
I've connected to this platform using POSTMAN so, I believe it's just a matter of put the right values on the right places to achieve the same here.
The settings to get the token in Postman are those in the image and I found correspondences in clients.jso for "client_id" and "auth_endpoint" settings but didn't found an option to "NOT authorize using browser".
Running OAUTH seems to connect fine but asks to open the browser to confirm but nothing happens.

Any tip?

PS: If necessary, I can provide my clientID and all other settings to test

Thanks in advance

Attached Files postman.pngoauth2.png
Last edited by Jorge Tavares - UmZero; 10 May 24 03:49 PM.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Microsoft OAUTH [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #37336 10 May 24 06:45 PM
J
Jack McGregor Offline
J
After some experimentation, I managed to get a URL similar to the one you show (starting with "?response_type=..."), which isn't a valid URL. It should look more like this (i.e. starting with "https://...") ...
[Linked Image].

I'm not sure yet why the bad URL response isn't accompanied by a status code; apparently the back end is taking a "you asked for it, you got it" approach. confused

In my case, I was playing with the GMAIL authentication and the OAUTH2.BP sample program. The issue (for me) came down to the fact that my client credentials did not include the necessary name:value pairs that the sample program was looking to extract from the json file. (The issue was that the Google API console had changed the names used in their json file.) But ultimately it's a matter of making sure you actually have values for all of the OAUTH2 parameters required for that API (client id, secret, port, authorization endpoint, token endpoint, challenge and scope).

That's probably not enough to solve your issue, but hopefully helps you focus on adjusting those parameters until you get a URL response that looks like an actual URL. But if that's not getting you anywhere, feel free to send me the details needed so I can try to access the API from here.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin