Print Thread
spool.log #1363 08 Oct 07 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we have a new miame.ini statement that would allow us to put the spool.log file wherever we want it, or an option on the LOGDIR statement to put the spool.log wherever the ashlog.log file goes, or some such thing.

Perhaps the simple approach of putting it wherever the ashlog.log file goes would work for people.

I have several customers on one server, each with its own ini file, but shared dsk0 directories.

Re: spool.log #1364 08 Oct 07 10:32 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I guess my vote would be for a flag on the LOGDIR statement that indicated that the specified directory be used for all LOG files, not just the ashlog. I'm not sure that there are any others right now, but potentially there could be, and this approach would nip the growing problem (of maintaining many log file directory specifications) in the bud.

Re: spool.log #1365 08 Oct 07 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thinking about it, it seems wrong to put any kind of working or log files generated at some level by users in the same directory as the miame.ini files.

Re: spool.log #1366 08 Oct 07 12:01 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Agreed, but you're mixing too issues. In the case of the SPOOL.LOG, the OPR: directory is maybe not a great choice, but not necessarily a terrible choice either. (It's not surprising that the concept of several different entities partially sharing a single DSK0 wasn't high up on the design criteria for A-Shell.)

In the case of temporary files, I completely agree. See the comment in the other post (tskAAA.NNN files) about how to position those in a custom location. (The default should also probably be changed to something like $MIAME/temp.)

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin