Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Linux Printing Duplex #1535 15 Apr 11 08:52 AM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
Is there a way to currently print duplex in a Linux environment?

If so, is this controllable through a XCALL SPOOL flag or only in the print init file?

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Linux Printing Duplex #1536 15 Apr 11 10:41 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Sorry, but there is currently no provision for this in A-Shell/Linux (other than using the AUXLOC: device to print back to an ATE client with a client-resident printer init file specifying a DUPLEX option).

The only way I can imagine duplex printing direct from Linux to the printer working would be via an lpr filter and associated command line switch, which, if you can find the right combination, could be specified in the DEVICE statement of the printer init file.

Adding a DUPLEX flag to the switches parameter of XCALL SPOOL would be a bit of a stretch, since there are more than one option, thus it would require multiple bits.

Re: Linux Printing Duplex #1537 15 Apr 11 10:52 AM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
I've gotten the following lpr commands to print duplex properly as long as both the printer & it's printer driver support the option. Otherwise, it's just ignored. This is the cups version of lpr, by the way.

Code
lpr -o sides=two-sided-long-edge -P clp01 tskaaa.t0d
lpr -o sides=two-sided-short-edge -P clp01 tskaaa.t0d
So, I can come up with a work around. I was just looking for a cleaner way to do this.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin