Next Thread
Print Thread
AXL and XLSX format #26220 20 Sep 18 10:39 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi,
Back to XLSX topic, now on the other way, read from…
After trying to process an XLSX file in AXL and receive a message about "invalid file format", I checked the documentation where only XLS format is mentioned.
Is this a temporary limitation or something that we should count w/o a known schedule?

The curious here was that I motivated a customer to buy the AXL add-on to avoid the extra step to convert his Excel files to CSV :p
I just didn't check in what format were those Excel files :rolleyes:

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: AXL and XLSX format #26221 20 Sep 18 12:59 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
The current AXL version of the libxl.dll (3.7.2) seems to have a lot of problems with XLXS format. It creates them without error, but some of the created files produce errors when you try to open them in Excel. And it seems to be able to read only the simplest XLSX files. (In contrast, the XLS support seems very good and that seems to have been acceptable for the people actively using it. And that's probably why the documentation tries to avoid talking about XLSX.)

That said, the underlying library developers have made several improvements/fixes in this area. I just now tested the latest available version of the libxl.dll (3.8.3) and it seems capable of loading the test files I have here that were not loading with the current AXL version.

So I guess it's time to pop for an update.

I'll try to get that done within the next 24-48 hours and will post something here when it's ready to test.

Re: AXL and XLSX format #26222 20 Sep 18 01:56 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Excellent!!
I'll put the customer on hold until further news, Thank you very much.

PS: In the current case, I just need to read the XLSX file.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin