Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Automated Code Formatting/Linting #26286 09 Jul 19 03:46 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
Does anyone have any experience or utilities for formatting and linting A-Shell code?

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Automated Code Formatting/Linting [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #34926 04 Feb 22 03:32 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
Trying this one again.

Just curious if anyone has any code formatting programs? Perhaps, an old IF/ELSE to extended IF/ELSE/ENDIF converters.

Stephen Funkhouser
Re: Automated Code Formatting/Linting [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #34928 04 Feb 22 04:17 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Sorry Stephen, nothing here, if I think about that, you should be the guy who I should ask :-)

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Automated Code Formatting/Linting [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #34930 04 Feb 22 04:54 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I'd be interested in that too! Awhile back I actually wrote a reformatter to partially clean up a batch of legacy-style programs (line numbers, all UPPER CASE, weird indents, multiple statements concatenated on same line, etc.), but it doesn't specifically deal with converting old to new IF/ELSE constructions. Maybe it could though. Let me dust it off and see if appears to have any promise, in which case I can send it to you (assuming you need another project!).

Unfortunately, it's one of those kinds of programs that could be tinkered with endlessly, and I didn't make any effort to provide a lot of options as to what kind of style to shoot for. Maybe we need to form a committee to hash out the rules of A-Shell style? Also, it's written in Basic, which makes it seem easy to tinker with, but Basic really isn't the right kind of language for a syntax-dependent text reformatter. It would probably make more sense to embed it into the compiler itself, but that would make it very hard to customize.

Re: Automated Code Formatting/Linting [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #34938 07 Feb 22 06:53 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
I have some formatting python scripts, but none do IF/ELSE/ENDIF.

Stephen Funkhouser

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin