Zterm ftp transfer problem #26749 13 Dec 06 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello all,

We have one customer that trying to ftp a file (transfer copy from host to pc). Every time they open it and its freeze up the program. I double check ftp user and password. It is correct. I looked at the ftp log file in the system got no error so not sure where the problem is.

Also I checked the firewall and ftp port is wide open.

Please helps

thanks

Re: Zterm ftp transfer problem #26750 13 Dec 06 03:05 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Every several months somebody runs into a problem with FTP. Unfortunately they are not always the same problem. But the basic troubleshooting steps are mostly the same.

To begin, look at the topic in this form title "ZTERM FTP problem" dated 14 January 2002 (change the view option at the top of the screen to show all items, or search for "FTP"). That describes one possibility.

It assumes that you are able to FTP using the Microsoft command line FTP (i.e. from the console window). If that doesn't work either, then it suggests something more fundamentally wrong at the network level since ZTERM and the Microsoft FTP command use different FTP libraries.

I don't know whether this is applicable, but many times in the past, ZTERM FTP and other network-related problems have been resolved by updating the Windows software on the PC in question. In particular, updating to the current version of Internet Explorer will refresh virtually all of the network-related modules. Since ZTERM just uses the standard WININET library, most FTP problems are less related to ZTERM than to some aspect of Windows itself.

If none of those ideas help, perhaps more details about the specifics of the site - network configuration, Windows OS versions, whether/which PC's work and which don't, which other FTP utilities work or don't work, etc.

Re: Zterm ftp transfer problem #26751 14 Dec 06 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure zterm is the latest version .144. There is a .12x versiion with ftp problems.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin