Print Thread
File transfer problem. #26753 26 Jan 07 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tried to transfer a file using Zterm's "Copy from host to PC" option. When I do this it does not transfer the file but locks up Zterm to the point I have to close Zterm and re-boot my pc to get Zterm to communicate to the Alpha.

Any thoughts on how to fix....

I XP-Pro on my PC. I am using a serial connection to the Alpha, a USB to Serial adapter on the PC.

The Alpha shows:
.ZTXFER (file name) (pc path)
F0 F0 F0 F0 F0 F0. (the prompt stops here)

I did transfer the upload the ZTXFER program from Zterm, the hash was the same, this was no help.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: File transfer problem. #26754 26 Jan 07 12:57 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
Steve,

I hate it when it does that! We get this every so often as well....

Check for the latest version of zterm... Also, make sure the .tdv is valid for this crt. This can be a problem... Also, if you are using MULTI, exit and try again. That is also a gotcha for us...

Good luck...

Re: File transfer problem. #26755 26 Jan 07 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not running multi, I am using AM65.tdv and Zterm is set to emulate AM65.DLL. The version of Zterm is 2.0.144.

Re: File transfer problem. #26756 26 Jan 07 02:34 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I think the F0 F0 F0 is a symptom of the 8th bit being stripped. Try switching to the AM65A or even the AM65AX. I can't remember the exact difference between those but one was meant to support 8 bit extended mode. As a test, set the ZTERM configuration | international option to 8 bit Latin1, and try writing a one-liner program something like this:

PRINT CHR(225)

If the 8th bit is passing through properly to ZTERM, then you should see the accented character à. If not, that implies that the 8th bit is being stripped on the way out, either by the interface driver or by the terminal driver (or by something that hooks into them, like TRACKER or MULTI).

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin