Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Copy/Paste Question #26804 31 Aug 07 08:10 AM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
I have a large installation (60+) using zterm, and 2 out of lot are have this problem....

While in zterm, they may have a patient note open on the screen, then they use the mouse to select an area, then click copy, then they paste the note into a hospital system.

Oddly, on only 2 stations, when the user uses the mouse to select the area, (holding down the left mouse button and selecting an area) as soon as the button is released, the are becomes Un-selected...

I cannot recreate that here, and as i said, its only a couple stations, it smells more "windowsish", but i know theres got to be some smart people out here in BBS land that must have seen this before!

Thanks.

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26805 31 Aug 07 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember seeing this action way back in time on certain PC's. Got around it by using the edit section in the menu line and selecting copy up there after marking it. I think there was a BBS post about it a few years ago and basically Rod was not going to do anything about even checking it.

Have a nice nolabor weekend.

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26806 31 Aug 07 10:14 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
You guys are not alone, I've seen it too.
But, well, sorry never really looked into why.

Have a fab weekend all.

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26807 31 Aug 07 01:19 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Thanks for replies...

I guess the problem with using the menu is that you have to select all vs marking... but its better than nothing... not going to lose sleep on this one however!

Have a good Labor Day weekend.. and Steve.. have fun on Monday.. post as much on the BBS as u want! wink

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26808 31 Aug 07 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One last note, I am able to hold left click drag diaginally and mark a small error. Release the mouse then click on edit then copy. That works for me.

Have a good one.

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26809 31 Aug 07 01:56 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Actually Ken thats what their doing, but when they releae the mouse button, the area becomes unmarked for some reason??

Re: Copy/Paste Question #26810 31 Aug 07 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right, since my rt click is working I would probably would not see the area get unmarked.

Later

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin