Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Variable-height desks #28103 09 Dec 17 11:52 AM
Ty Griffin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Stephen F--

Jack said he thinks you use a variable-height desk--i.e., one that you can easily move to a standing or sitting position. I'm thinking of buying one such, would appreciate any comments, recommendations, un-recommendations, etc. If anybody else has experience with such things, all comments are welcome.

And if you DON'T use such a thing, perhaps you should look into it/them. If you're at a desk for many hours a day, standing for at least a portion of that time is supposed to be much better for you in general and your back in particular than sitting.

Re: Variable-height desks #28104 09 Dec 17 05:02 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content
Online Content
S
Hi Ty,

I stand most of the time now, and my back is so much better for it.

I have a VeriDesk PRO 48". I can fit my 17" laptop, and two 23" monitors (using flexible mounts). It's pretty though, and I certainly can't fit anything else. The VeriDesk spring makes it effortless to raise and lower.

The only complaints would be that it's kind of tall in the seated position. I removed my desks keyboard tray because 1) it was too low and 2) I didn't want to switch my mouse/keyboard constantly between the regular desk tray, and the VeriDesk.

Happy desk top hunting!

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Variable-height desks #28105 09 Dec 17 06:05 PM
Ty Griffin Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Steven. I needed one that would sit on top of an existing desk, but would an equivalent to yours, though not as wide. Happily it was in stock at the local staples and I did have to pay frieght--at least not directly. So far so good. My back thanks you.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin