Next Thread
Print Thread
Radio Buttons #28612 07 Nov 07 09:19 AM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
Hi Jorge,

Is it currently possible to handle radio buttons the same way that checkboxes are handled in sbxinp? I don't have a new version of the source or I would check myself.

Also, one note on the checkboxes created by sbxinp. If I add a scale for the label font in LEO the check box turns back into a text box.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Radio Buttons #28613 07 Nov 07 10:18 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi Stephen,

This is an interesting post considering the inumerous issues that could arise, but let's start with the practical issues.
RadioButtons:
No, SBXINP do not cover any special syntax to handle radio buttons.
Checkbox scale:
The scale field is supposed to have effect over the Prefix/Suffix of the INFLD field; the text of a checkbox belongs to the checkbox AUI control itself, so not affected by the scale setting, but obviously that Leo must control this and do not revert it to a text field --something to fix.

Note that SBXINP is able to handle anything allowed in INFLD, just define the proper settings in TYPE, SETDEF, and all the other settings regarding INFLD and covered in Leo.

Considering the above, if you define TYPE=||r and SETDEF="text for control" you will get a RadioButton; with TYPE=||c you get a Checkbox.
I just don't remember if INFLD allow a scale factor for these controls, but that's possible if you use the AUI version instead.

Anyway, there's still an imaginative possibility to use scale with checkboxes using SBXINP laugh
If you define a Prefix with the scale factor w/o using the SBXINP settings for checkboxes, and define TYPE=||c, you will get a checkbox with a prefix. You can also leave the Prefix empty and define the scalled Suffix to get the checkbox with the text on the right, or you can use both (prefix and suffix).

I just hope to not confused things. :rolleyes:

Regards

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Radio Buttons #28614 07 Nov 07 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In another post Jack responded that at this point checkboxes are NOT sizeable by the fontscale setting in the AUI paramters.

Did suggest 2 buttons one with a checked icon, one without then switch back and forth.

All have a good day.

Re: Radio Buttons #28615 07 Nov 07 01:09 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
I read that other post, but what I understood at the time was that you want a checkbox with a bigger square, not the text of the checkbox.
If the issue is bigger text, yes, using AUI checkboxes you can use the scale font setting to get it, but obviously you can get a non-proportional checkbox.

Regards

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Radio Buttons #28616 07 Nov 07 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oops, missed where Stephen typed add a scale for the label.

Re: Radio Buttons #28617 09 Nov 07 01:36 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
Well it's been a couple of days since I've been able to work on this, but I have tried the different type codes with SBXINP. And, when creating a checkbox using the "||c" type code SBXINP didn't honor the click variable. So, I had to click once to give the checkbox focus before changing it's value. I assume that this wasn't supposed to happen. That's also the behavior I experienced with the radio type code "||r".

Stephen Funkhouser
Re: Radio Buttons #28618 09 Nov 07 01:38 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
Sorry for the double post I forget to mention that as a work around I'm just using a combobox for now. I suppose it simplifies logic anyway, and isn't really any different to the end user.

Stephen Funkhouser