Print Thread
Will new LEO run under 5.0? #28707 18 Mar 09 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at 5.0.999.4 and am wondering if LEO needs a newer A-Shell. If not is it possible to get an older LEO that's newer than version 2.0(33) that will still work with the version of 5.0 that I'm using?

Re: Will new LEO run under 5.0? #28708 18 Mar 09 04:16 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content
Online Content
S
New version of LEO is 3.0, and it requires A-Shell 5.1.1140.1

I guess you'll have to wait for Jorge to respond about maybe getting an older version

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Will new LEO run under 5.0? #28709 19 Mar 09 01:07 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Wasn't there some discussion about a switch in LEO to determine whether it used millicolumns or not? The idea was mainly to allow the newer LEO to generate programs that would run under pre-millicolumn (pre 1139) versions. But it might also be true that with the switch off, LEO itself would run under an older version of A-Shell?

On the other hand, I guess the presumption is that there wouldn't be any particular obstacle to LEO developers running the latest version of A-Shell.

Re: Will new LEO run under 5.0? #28710 19 Mar 09 08:29 AM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content
Online Content
S
There may be a switch to toggle the use of milli-columns coming; I'm not sure it Jorge is going to do that or not. LEO currently uses milli-columns in the layout of a dialog, but the generated code is being converted to Whole column numbers for now.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Will new LEO run under 5.0? #28711 19 Mar 09 01:19 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi guys,

Sorry for just jump into this now, but in the last days I've been finishing a demo for a very important customer, which happened this morning so, now I can get focused on other things.
Mike, welcome back, I'm glad to hear from you again, and it seems that you returned with full strength wink

In fact, Stephen (that substituted you in the role of best contributor for Leo improvements) and Jack mentioned important things.
The current version of Leo (3.0) only work in millicolumn mode, as Jack mentioned, there is no reason for a developer to not use the very latest version of A-Shell, and this even don't conflict in case you have your development structure based in an older version because you can run Leo in a complete independent area.
On the other hand, as Stephen referred, the generated code is fully converted to standard columns.
Yes, there will be a switch in the future to allow generating code using standard or millicolumns but, I guess, that's not even urgent once to distribute millicolumns programs you must assure that the customers are updated to A-Shell millicolumns.

In conclusion, if you really want to not use Leo "millicolumns", I can grab from the cellar the prior version and send to you but, you will lose any new features or fixes once I will not support it.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal