Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Search SBX BAS files #28745 23 Dec 11 03:46 AM
D
Dominic - Madics Systems Ltd Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A useful option would be to set the location(s) of BAS files for SBXes and have an option in the Find in Files dialog to search these SBX BAS files as well as other includes. If the BAS file isn't there, just carry on.

This would mean we can again have the option to "Search all our code", including SBXes [Linked Image]

Re: Search SBX BAS files #28746 23 Dec 11 05:17 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
This came about as Dominic and I was searching for a certain variable/part of code in a "program and its includes" and could not find it as I forgot it was in a SBX.

So Dominic has came up with this great christmas idea for the Ashell Editor to have a new "Find in Open documents, Includes and SBX's" wink where it would also look in a 'certain set ppn in settings' for any SBX source files with a .BAS or .BP for any XCALL ??????? statement it comes across when searching the program, I know its not as simple as it seams as im sure this could then be recursing as well, but still a neat idea.

Re: Search SBX BAS files #28747 23 Dec 11 07:07 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi,
Have you tried the combination below?
You can search in a folder, including subfolders if selected, and you can add as much file extensions as you want, just separate them with a comma.

[Linked Image]

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Search SBX BAS files #28748 23 Dec 11 10:46 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
True Jorge we could of done something like that but I guess thats more of a 'global' search and would of searched all the other programs it comes across to, where the above would just search with in the current program and its includes and any used SBXs. If that makes sense.