Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tortoise credentials #28802 21 Oct 16 06:23 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
After uninstall and delete folders before do a full install, Tortoise is working again; thanks Stephen for the tip wink
But it fails to update due an invalid login credentials, I'm using the user APNBETA with the same password provided since the begin of APN.
Can you (Jack/Stephen) confirm if it's still active or provide me new credentials?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tortoise credentials #28803 21 Oct 16 11:03 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
The login is definitely broken, a casualty of some ill-conceived consolidation of BitBucket and Atlassian. I need to spend some time on that today trying to see if I can get it straightened out.

Re: Tortoise credentials #28804 21 Oct 16 11:19 AM
J
Online Content
J
I changed the repository to public read access, so you should be able to sync from it now without any login credentials. Let me know if that works...

Re: Tortoise credentials #28805 21 Oct 16 03:02 PM
J
OP Online Content
J
Regarding the login credentials, perfect, didn't asked for any but, apparently the update didn't succeeded, take a look at this report:

% hg pull --verbose --update --config ui.merge=internal:merge https://bitbucket.org/microsabio/apn
pulling from https://bitbucket.org/microsabio/apn
searching for changes
all local heads known remotely
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort!
rollback completed
abort: data/apn.ver.i@5bd4b381282c: unknown parent!
[command returned code 255 Fri Oct 21 20:57:58 2016]
rel-apn%

According to the Tortoise list, I'm in Rev. 117+ (Working directory)

Anyway, no hurry on this, I know this repository is not fully updated/tunned and I have the last version of APN, take you time.

Thank you for taking a look

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tortoise credentials #28806 25 Oct 16 04:36 AM
O
OmniLedger - Tom Reynolds Offline
O
No idea whether it helps or not Jack, but oddly my desktop machine, which I didn't update with the APN download for the conference, but updated with the new login credentials you gave me a few weeks back is connecting and updating perfectly fine with Tortoise.

My laptop, which I did update, is having the same problem as Jorge, even with the new credentials.

Re: Tortoise credentials #28807 25 Oct 16 11:19 AM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content
Online Content
S
That's because updating with the APN download is changing the working directory for the underlying mercurial repository. You can fix it with TortoiseHg, but you have to know mercurial/TortoiseHg to be able fix it.

Ultimately, the different methods are incompatible. If you install and update using the APN install/update exe download you just need to continue using that; otherwise, you need to install APN by pulling the APN repository from Bitbucket.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Tortoise credentials #28808 25 Oct 16 11:32 AM
J
OP Online Content
J
So, what should I have to do, uninstall APN and update from Tortoise?

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tortoise credentials #28809 25 Oct 16 12:39 PM
J
Online Content
J
Sorry, I haven't yet tried to dig into this to see whether it can just be fixed in the installer. (Or maybe that's dependent it being installed into the expected directory?)

To further complicate matters, most of the updates to APN (at least recently) have been binary updates to the compiler (where Tortoise/Mercurial doesn't provide much added value). So in those cases, a traditional installer/updater might be preferable. But when it comes to updates to the various Python scripts and scheme def files, the source code tracking features are quite useful, making the Tortoise scheme better. Which almost makes me wonder whether it would make sense to handle binary updates via a more traditional (check-for-updates installer) and leave the source code tracking for the parts that it best applies to (and which usually logically separated from the binary updates, meaning you could update one or the other without real conflict). On the other hand, at least some of the APN potential users seems to resist installing and dealing with Tortoise (perhaps because of posts like this!)...

Re: Tortoise credentials #28810 25 Oct 16 12:58 PM
J
OP Online Content
J
Ok, no problem, Tom's fault bringing this up again, I was quite in my corner laugh

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tortoise credentials #28811 25 Oct 16 01:03 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content
Online Content
S
I thought we were going to only use Tortoise for APN developers, and beta users (Jorge was).

It seems that it's too complicated to use if you're not used to using it for other revision control, so perhaps all but APN developers should just use the installer from now on? Does the idea of beta users make sense anymore?

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions