Next Thread
Print Thread
Tools #28841 24 Apr 19 05:20 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi,
A couple of weeks ago I moved to a new laptop and setup my development environment in a rush w/o much time to go into details.
I didn't have time to tune my APN, it's working but needing organization what I'm doing now but, I'm trying to find how to bring my Tools to the new installation and can't find what to copy or set.
On the other laptop I have a lot of "schemes" created to execute task, they are under Tools>Options>Tools>Schemes:A-Shell Basic, others are displayed directly under the Tools option on the top menu.
Is this something I can copy from one laptop to the other?

Thanks

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tools #28842 24 Apr 19 08:24 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
On my system, APN in installed in c:\vm\apn; the scheme source files are in c:\vm\apn\schemes, and the active settings and compiled schemes are in the c:\vm\apn\settings directory. In particular, the UserTools.xml file contains the definitions of the various commands associated with schemes (like the ASB compile command.)

Hope that helps (it has been a long while since I've looked closely at that).

Re: Tools #28843 24 Apr 19 09:33 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
That helped a lot, the Settings folder did the trick, just in case I copied the entire folder and messed up the APN startup laugh
But after a few tweaks it's running fine and I have my schemes back.

Thank you very much Jack

Now that this topic is closed I have another question, not a new one but once here this is the moment to ask smile
I have one scheme for each package to copy the resulting file to the corresponding folder on my repository to publish, for example:
Publish SHOES
Command: xcopy
Folder %d
Parameters: %n.run %(OneDrive)"\10 repositório\shoes\dsk0\657000"

My problem is that, each scheme is duplicated to handle .sbx files because in the Parameters there is no option for the resulting file no matter which extension is generated.
Am I correct or missing some existing option?
If I'm correct, is it in your hands and would it be easy to add such % option to cover this?

Again, many thanks for the tip. wink

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Tools #28844 24 Apr 19 11:26 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I think you are correct that there is no % parameter representing the target extension (probably because the parameter substitution mechanism doesn't know about the output of the comment itself). The only workaround I can think of at the moment would be to use the %? parameter, which prompts you for the actual parameter value. (Which means that you'd have to enter "sbx" each time you executed the command, but perhaps not that horrible.)