Dart example #28910 07 Dec 06 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Morning Steve,

Okay I think I have installed and setup everything correctly. The csv and def file's that are copied to the csv\folder on my PC seem to match the ones in the sample ppn. I get the first warning then the dart eval mode warning then as it is loading for each record/non-string field, I get the following.

SetCSVtoDB_Field error QTY
"is not a valid floating point value

I am missing some setting on my PC?

I am going give it a go with my own data next.

Thanks

Ken

Re: Dart example #28911 07 Dec 06 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay in hissal.csv I just left the first 4 lines/records, then it launced fine.

About a dozen or so records have a C in the first field of them. I removed the C and now the entire example launchs fine.

This is slick.

Later

Ken

Re: Dart example #28912 07 Dec 06 02:27 PM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Afternoon Ken,
Interesting you had the error on QTY, a few days ago I did have a similar problem with the SOSLIB CSV file when it transferred from Unix to Windows, I found if you VUE the CSV and DEF files(what coverts it to the correct format) then save them I found it then worked. What you may of done by the sounds of it.

I tried and hopefully solved this problem in DART Version 4.2.0.19 (what I uploaded a few days ago, or was it yesterday?) before anyone came across it, but looks like you may of beat me to it. wink

Anyway im glad it launched OK cool , I’ll be interested to hear how it goes with one of your CSV files, any problems just email the CSV and DEF and I’ll give it a go this side of the pond for you.

By the way, Version 4.2.0.19 also suppresses the annoying TeeChart components message on start up.

Have fun...

http://www.steve-evans.net/dart/

Re: Dart example #28913 07 Dec 06 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evening Steve,

Did not think I would ketch you up.

Little enlightment/explaination on
Method
Value
Group
Would help.
I think I understand them and am going to give it a go with different values, but a little light might help.

Thanks
Ken

Re: Dart example #28914 07 Dec 06 02:42 PM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Sure Ken you just caught me before I called it a night, I’ll see if I can come up with some light explanation for you in the morning when the brain has had a kip and re-energised, that’s if you have not came to your own conclusion by then. cool

Re: Dart example #28915 08 Dec 06 08:06 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Ken i’ve done a quick web page explaining the Group, Method, Values with a few examples. Hope it helps.

DART Help

I’ve also posted a hot off the press new version of DART (Hopefully ive not broke too much :rolleyes: )
DART Updates/Help/Version History.

Re: Dart example #28916 08 Dec 06 08:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got some preliminary test to work great, have done GL accounts and Parts charts.

We are having DARTGASM's. This is really slick.

Thank's for the explinations, as you use it a little it begins to explain itself.

Can you control it asking you if you want to apply the new settings if you have not made a change to the chart type or filter, etc?
Would there be a way to not have to pre filter $ and ,'s in Currency fields?

See nobody is ever satisfied.

This is great though.

Later.

Re: Dart example #28917 08 Dec 06 09:21 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Glad its going well, i'll add your two ideas/requests to my ever growing..to-do list. wink

Well found on the $ and ,'s ive not come across that one.

Have Fun...Im done for the week and off, have a great weekend everyone.

Re: Dart example #28918 11 Dec 06 03:34 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Ken I now posted a version that hopfully pre-filters $ and ,'s from currency fields.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin