Print Thread
SOSLIB Update Release Notes #29015 27 Mar 09 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The SOSUPD mechanism offers an option to display release notes upon completion of the update or if there is nothing to update. Upon doing so, a Windows msgbox appears stating:

Title: ERROR
Msg: File not found or file read error!
Cmdbtn: [OK]

It then appears to attempt to launch a browser window which comes up black but with the following URL in the title:

http://www.microsabio.net/dist/50rel/dsk0/901002/soslib.htm

Closing the window returns you to the A-Shell job's window.

Looking at Jack's post regarding the 152 update, there is a link to release notes that brings up:

http://www.microsabio.net/dist/50rel/dsk0/901002/soslib.html

with the difference being that the first has .HTM as the extension, the second is .HTML

Of course, this is not a big deal. I did wrestle with using both ASHUPD till I finally gave up and downloaded and installed the latest full package of A-Shell/32. After doing so, ASHUP then worked.

When I tried SOSUPD.CMD (from [901,2]) I had also had problems so I downloaded and unzipped SOS151.ZIP. After that I was able to use SOSUPD to get the 152 stuff. At least I am assuming I that worked. I didn't see an SOS152.ZIP on the FTP site.

Both problems may be due to the fact that I had not done either update in several months so I don't think it is worth further analysis.

Re: SOSLIB Update Release Notes #29016 27 Mar 09 11:47 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I think the problem here is that I mistakenly referenced soslib.htm rather than soslib.html. I've put a copy of both there for the moment, until I have a chance to review the various references to make sure they are all consistent.

And yes, it is true there is no SOS152.ZIP, but in theory you should be able to update to the 152 version using SOSUPD, which it sounds like you eventually succeeded at.

Thanks for the heads up.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin