PDF-XChange #29170 02 Oct 10 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Jack & Ty!

I am preparing to do some A-Shell work with PDF and am curious as to whether y'all are still using & selling PDF-XChange stuff or have you moved to something else?

We keep getting "discounted upgrade" offers from Nuance for their PDF tools -- PDF Converter, PaperPort & OmniPage (also Dragon Naturally Speaking though I have never tried any speech stuff).

We are doing a lot of scanning of paper documents and there were some things that those tools do that PDF-XChange does not or that do them in a way the staff seems to prefer.

We use Brother MFC-88xx series multi-functions for scanning and the staff seem to prefer the simple 1-click "Brother Control Center" tools that come with it.

Re: PDF-XChange #29171 03 Oct 10 02:24 AM
Ty Griffin Offline
Hi Steve--

Yes, we are still using/selling/promoting our PDFX product. It has turned out to be quite reliable and durable, we're pretty happy with it, and we can recommend it without reservation.

The big question, however, is: do your needs and PDFX's capabilities line up well? If your objective is to create PDF docs from A-Shell, then PDFX is likely your best bet. If you're producing or want to produce PDFs from reports that originate in A-Shell, then great; PDFX will do the trick. But if your original materials are coming from a scanner or a PC or some non-A-Shell source, then PDFX is probably *not* the best possible tool.

I hope that helps, let us know if not.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin