Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bye Bye 5.0 #29682 05 Mar 07 01:54 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
Bye Bye Ashell 5.0 you have been good to us even beta for all these years, long live Ashell 5.1… smile and looking forward to all the new features to come to it.

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29683 05 Mar 07 11:22 AM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
5.0 is a venerable landmark for Microsabio, and it's band of merry men... (and, er women)

Thanks, Jack, Steve, Ty, Ken, Herman, Jorge, Joe, Carl, Tom, et al, for all the hard work...

Hope to build our foundation on this release, and then move forward to bigger, and better... cool

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29684 05 Mar 07 01:16 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi,

Thanks Frank for including me on the list, but to be honest, I must admit that my contribution for the success on 5.0 was almost zero.
In fact, the recent times has been so busy with other things not programming related that, it was impossible for me to catch the intense rhythm you all put on this huge task.
I just followed what was going on, and it's me who has to thank everybody for the success on this that will be precious when I get back to programming.

Congratulations.

Regards

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29685 05 Mar 07 09:17 PM
Ty Griffin Offline
Installation file reorganization

Hey Team--

With the semi-formal release of the semi-official version 5.0, we've done a little reorganization of the files. Here's how things stand now:

/aftp (www.microsabio.net/aftp) will continue to have all the bleeding-edge developer stuff, including the next version of A-Shell when JM starts work on it. For the moment, you'll notice that many of the subfolders have disappeared. That's because they've been moved to:

/dist/rel50 (www.microsabio.net/dist/rel50) is the new location for all of the 5.0 files. The /aftp directory structure has been maintained, so you know where to find your files. To restate: all the files that were previously here in the /aftp folder are now in the /dist/50rel folder, in the same subfolders and with the same names as they previously had.

/dist/rel48 is the new location for all the available A-Shell 4.8 files, including documentation for same.

------------------------------------------------

For 5.0 versions of A-Shell and documentation, I'd encourage you to stop using the "direct" lookup method and instead use our public and formatted web pages at www.microsabio.com. In particular, the 5.0 software download page (http://www.microsabio.com/a-shell50.html) shows all the A-Shell variations; ATE files are listed on an equivalent page. Remember that our regular web site at www.microsabio.com does have lots of--okay, some--worthwhile information, and you should keep an eye on it. Particularly if you are going to stick with 5.0 for a while, the downloads page should become a common link.

To the folks with special versions of A-Shell or ATE, they're all listed on these public download pages.

If you have any more praise and compliments about 5.0 or the file organization, please let Jack or I know. If you have complaints or problems, go ahead and contact Frank directly.

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29686 06 Mar 07 06:28 AM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
great googly moogly ... :rolleyes:

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29687 06 Mar 07 06:37 AM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
Would it be unreasonable to request that notification of updates or bug fixes to the 5.0 version be posted somewhere on the BBS? (perhaps in this forum?)

I know this hasn't been standard operating procedure in the past, but since updates should be relatively infrequent, and because most developers make it a point to at least check the BBS, it would help to get a heads-up here... as oppose to checking the other site as well...

Thanks for the consideration.

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29688 06 Mar 07 07:27 AM
Ty Griffin Offline
"great googly moogly..."

Are you lapsing into programming jargon there, Frank? Remember that some of us aren't necessarily up to date on all the latest technical terms...

No, it would not be unreasonable to request that we notify you about any 5.0 updates. You'll note that on the 5.0 downloads page (http://www.microsabio.com/a-shell50.html) that I make a point of saying--twice--"be sure to come back here and check for updates." So you and I are thinking along the same lines--which itself probably is, or at least should be, a pretty scary thought for you!

Starting immediately, then, either Jack or I will post a note in this forum whenever there is an update to A-Shell or ATE 5.0. Good idea, thanks.

Re: Bye Bye 5.0 #29689 06 Mar 07 08:40 AM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
Super, that would be great... thanks.

Actually, its more muttering than jargon... wink

PS: Don't they say great minds travel in same circles.... ? laugh

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin