Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29769 09 Apr 07 09:26 AM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Am i going crazy, or at sometime did you stop adding a line to the dialog when using the ring menu? I just noticed my scheduler dialog doesnt have enough lines on the screen, and i have also noticed that the dialog doesnt seem to grow after the menu is added...

Thanx.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29770 09 Apr 07 11:34 AM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
I just added 1 to the ending row of my dialog and it is fine... no need to change your logic... it's cleaner this way, and only affects 1 program of ours, but maybe of a concern to others using the ring menu and counting on the "extra" row being added at the bottom.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29771 09 Apr 07 12:28 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
You're not going crazy. It does appear to have been broken, in 984.3. Although your workaround is simple enough, I'm thinking that I should probably fix the problem, since the change was not intentional. I'll shoot for a correction in 985.3, later today.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29772 09 Apr 07 12:41 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
But isnt it better this way? The dialog doesnt "grow" on its own....

I guess it depends on who may be using this feature and if its ok to leave it as it is now... do you have any reservations about asking the masses?

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29773 09 Apr 07 01:46 PM
J
Online Content
J
Well this must be a first. Something accidentally gets changed in the "stable" release, and Frank wants the accidental change to be preserved? :rolleyes:

I guess my feeling is that for ALTPOS dialogs, we really should adjust the height when adding the menu, because one of the important differences between the ALTPOS and Main-Window-Based schemes is that in the ALTPOS scheme, dialog heights are determined to allow for the number of usable rows as determined by the coordinates, whereas in the Main-Window-Based scheme, the specified coordinates define the gross dialog size (with the usable size being somewhat smaller to allow for the title bar).

Based on that, maybe leaving it the way it is for non-ALTPOS dialogs makes sense.

I would be satisfied with that solution, unless anyone objects.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29774 09 Apr 07 02:01 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Gee, try to give you a break and i get it handed back to me.... tough crowd... eek Im ok either way... just 1 line of code for me to change back...

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29775 09 Apr 07 09:32 PM
J
Online Content
J
Well since no one else has weighed in on this, for better or worse, I've gone with your suggestion (as I described it in my previous post). That is to say, for ALTPOS dialogs, adding a menu increases the height of the dialog so that the amount of usable space for controls is unchanged. But for non-ALTPOS dialogs, the overall dialog height remains unchanged when you add the menu (meaning that you have less usable space within the dialog after adding the menu).

This seems consistent with the existing philosophy differences between the ALTPOS and main-window-grid dialog styles.

The updated version is 985.3 and is available from the http://www.microsabio.com/dist/50rel/bin-win directory now (ashw32.exe only), and will be available soon from the www.microsabio.com main download page.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29776 10 Apr 07 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that said and done, can I see a sample of what the ____ you'll are gabbing about. I looked through all the doc's and see no references' to a "ring menu"?

Have a good day.

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29777 10 Apr 07 07:14 AM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Morning Ken.... perhaps i am calling it the wrong thing, but it is the built-in Ashell menu system that jack has allowed to be added to program specific dialogs. I use it in my scheduler (if you can remember that many hurricanes back) to creat a program menu along the top of the dialog. It is a cool feature... im not sure many have implemented it.

I can't remember how to embed screen shots into this post, so here is a snippet of code in case you want to have a looksy... have a good day.

Code
SET'MENU:                                                                   
        CALL SET'APPT'MENU                                                  
        CALL SET'VIEW'MENU                                                  
        CALL SET'HISTORY'MENU                                               
        CALL SET'PRINT'MENU                                                 
        CALL SET'TOOLS'MENU                                                 
        CALL SET'MAINTENANCE'MENU                                           
        CALL SET'HELP'MENU                                                  
        !                                                                   
        ! Force display of Menu                                             
        !                                                                   
        AUI$=NULL$ : AUI'FUNC$=""                                           
        AUI'OPCODE=6            ! 6=Display                                 
        AUI'PARENTID=PROG'DLGID                                             
        XCALL AUI, "MENU", AUI'OPCODE, AUI'CTLID, AUI'TEXT, AUI'STATE, &    
             AUI'TYPE, AUI'CMD, AUI'FUNC$, AUI'STATUS, AUI'PARENTID         
        RETURN                                            

SET'APPT'MENU:                                                                                                           
        AUI$=NULL$ : AUI'FUNC$=""                                                                                        
        AUI'CTLID=0 : AUI'TEXT="Appointment" : AUI'TYPE=MBF'SUBMNU : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM                                  
        !                                                                                                                
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Make"              : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11001%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Cancel"            : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11002%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Re-Schedule"       : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11003%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Details"           : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11004%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="S0"                : AUI'TYPE=MBF'SEP : AUI'CMD=""             : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Confirm"           : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11005%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="No-Show"           : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11006%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="S1"                : AUI'TYPE=MBF'SEP : AUI'CMD=""             : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Override Type"     : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11007%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Override Location" : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_xF11008%" : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="S2"                : AUI'TYPE=MBF'SEP : AUI'CMD=""             : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        AUI'CTLID=1 : AUI'TEXT="Close"             : AUI'TYPE=MBF'KBD : AUI'CMD="%VK_ESCAPE%"  : CALL ADD'MENU'ITEM      
        RETURN                                                                                            

ADD'MENU'ITEM:                                                              
        AUI'OPCODE=1            ! Create                                    
        AUI'PARENTID=PROG'DLGID                                             
        XCALL AUI, "MENU", AUI'OPCODE, AUI'CTLID, AUI'TEXT, AUI'STATE, &    
                    AUI'TYPE, AUI'CMD, AUI'FUNC$, AUI'STATUS, AUI'PARENTID  
        RETURN                                                              
PS: The "S0", "S1"... combined with the MBF'SEP will give you a line separator.

The setup is similar to chagning the Ashell/ATE Menu, so it is probably hiding in the documentation there somewhere...

Re: 5.0.985.x: Dialog Ring menus #29778 10 Apr 07 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the clarification:

============================================================================
A-Shell Development Notes Version 4.9.965.2 (29 Aug 2006)
============================================================================
---
(GUI) Preliminary support for adding menus to dialogs. This is
accomplished by using the AUI_MENU function and adding the dialog id
to the end of either form of the xcall list:

xcall AUI, AUI_MENU, OPCODE, MENUID, TXT, STATE, TYPE, CMD, &
FUNC, STATUS {,DLGID}
or
xcall AUI, AUI_MENU, OPCODE, MDFSPEC, STATE, STATUS {,DLGID}

Need another drink, I mean conference.

Have a nice night.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin