Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New ATE/Ashell versions #29851 09 Nov 07 10:54 AM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
I am done with heavy coding at the time and would like to settle on a "new" standard ATE/Ashell version. Im at 996.6 and am having 2 odd problems that i dont want to report until grabbing the latest versions. Is it possible to invoke a partial update FREEZE until we can catch up and debug the latest versions? (1 week perhaps? consider it an update truce?) Its very hard to debug versions when new ones pop... its hard to grab one and stick with it. Let me know and i will grab the latest one in the can and run it thru the paces here as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

PS: We have a 60 user contract and 35 user contract waiting in the wings for this in case you need any additional motivation. wink

Re: New ATE/Ashell versions #29852 09 Nov 07 02:56 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
You don't need to go to any extra effort to convince me that an update freeze would be desirable. Although a pair of large systems is certainly welcome, any time, and for any reason.

I've already forked the code and am working on 5.1, so every time there is a patch to 5.0, I have to replicate it in 5.1. The problem is: how to convince the rest of the world to stop reporting "issues" in 5.0!

At this point there are two bugs to be fixed in 997.6 (a non-GUI terminal emulation issue with ATE, and the dueling combo-box issue reported by Steve), which should be resolved Monday, and after that, I'll post new versions and will be happy to go along with your plan.

(Feel free to protect your turf by responding dissuasively to any requests for bug fixes or enhancements.)

Re: New ATE/Ashell versions #29853 09 Nov 07 03:51 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Thanks... will have a play next week.

Considering i have been my own worst enemy, its hard for me to complain... but at this point i will welcome a 5.0 to 5.1 schism... give us a chance to catch up some clients and im sure we will move forward with 5.1 as features merit.

Have a good weekend... and tell steve to stop with the exotic combo box tricks.. but speaking of combobox.. one of the things that is acting up for us is that comboxes display twice when clicking on them... but i will test that with the latest version before formally reporting this anomaly.

Re: New ATE/Ashell versions #29854 12 Nov 07 09:27 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
While we are talking exotic combos, this is an old problem that still happens under Vista, 'Self Service' Combos 'open and drop down with an empty list' and then vanish before going on to do the required/programmed action..(looks weird escpecially if your demo’ing to a prospect.)

Small Example Attached (sure had to be quick to get a screen shot before it vanished)
[Linked Image]

(and while we are talking exotic Vista weird’ness, Progress Bars, don’t fully finish 100% is about half way on most of mine)

Re: New ATE/Ashell versions #29855 12 Nov 07 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's cause Vista is soooooooooooooooooooo fast!

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin