Print Thread
ashupd and sosupd - without internet access #29859 21 Feb 08 05:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How to do something like ASHUPD and SOSUPD without server internet access?

I installed Ashell 5.0 on the new server (with no direct internet connection) and like to update to the last build as well as update of soslib directories. Is it possible to do it somehow by downloading latest patch and running simple extraction?

Server is Linux Ent. 4

Thanks

Re: ashupd and sosupd - without internet access #29860 22 Feb 08 12:25 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
You can get the latest ashell binary executable from http://www.microsabio.net/dist/50rel/

For RHEL4, you'll want the bin-linux-el4 directory.

In there, you will typically find a bin file (complete installation package) and several .tz files (which generally contain only the ashell executable. You can extract contents of the tz file with:

tar xvzf filespec.tz

As for the SOSLIB, the general theory was that it was something for developers, and developers would be assumed to have Internet access, if not on the target server, then on a PC. (If you have A-Shell/Windows, you could run SOSUPD on it and then zip the entire [9??,*] directory tree up and FTP to it to your Linux box.)

But given that this is the second request for it in a week, perhaps I will go through the process myself and post a single zip sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Re: ashupd and sosupd - without internet access #29861 22 Feb 08 04:24 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi,

Considering the several requests about distributing packages internally for computers w/o internet access, we will introduce a new option for UpdateCenter to update the repository instead of the package itself, in other words, it will be possible to replicate the update remote site into an internal folder, and this internal folder will be the update site for the internal computers (the UpdateCenter in those computers should point to the internal folder).

Any comments suggestions will be appreciated, this should be available by the end of the next week.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: ashupd and sosupd - without internet access #29862 22 Feb 08 06:24 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
Sounds a good idea Jorge. smile

Re: ashupd and sosupd - without internet access #29863 22 Feb 08 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to it Jorge.
Thank you all for attention on this issue, I really appreciate it.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin