Print Thread
Compile whole directory #29864 07 Mar 08 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. We updated all our servers (Red Hat Linux) to Ashell 5.0 . Our *.bas programs were compiled with /M (COMPIL SAMPLE/M) . Since we now need some programs to compile with /X:2, can we just compile all the old *.bas programs with /X:2 (instead of /M)?

2. How to compile whole directory? Currently we have global.do file with list of the programs to compile. Is there a better way to do this (and see what programs did not compile; and be sure no *.bas in directory is missed)?

*** I can create utility if it is not out there already.

Re: Compile whole directory #29865 07 Mar 08 05:08 PM
S
Steven Shatz Offline
S
RE: Item 2:

There is a utility program called "RECOMX" which recompiles all BASIC programs in a ppn and lists any that had errors. To see those errors, you would need to individually recompile each problem program. You may already have RECOMX.BAS on your system. If not, Jack can send you a link to it or add it to the SOSLIB.

Re: Compile whole directory #29866 08 Mar 08 07:57 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi Steven,

Sorry if this is not a big help for you, but I just know how to do it using the Editor.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Compile whole directory #29867 08 Mar 08 12:59 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
RECOMX was included in some versions of the installation package in [7,376]. If you don't have it, you can get it here:
http://www.microsabio.net/dist/50rel/dsk0/007376/

(You'll want to grab the .bp source as the switches are set up there - thus this is a utility that you probably want to customize for your needs.) I renamed the .RUN to .LIT (which you can do too) in order to be able to run it without saying "RUN RECOMX", but that's a minor point.

The syntax then is simply:

.RECOMX
or
.RUN RECOMX

I should also point out that /X:2 is not a replacement for /M. I would retain the /M and just add the /X:2.

Re: Compile whole directory #29868 09 Mar 08 12:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Steven (and everyone else, of course smile ). That was exactly what I was looking for.

Re: Compile whole directory #29869 10 Mar 08 08:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw a /B on there and it will create SAMPLE.LST with the errors.

Re: Compile whole directory #29870 14 Mar 08 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How to add /L switch to recomx?
Thanks again,

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin