Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How to Convert INMEMO to SQL text field? #31133 19 Apr 16 05:09 PM
S
Steven Shatz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am using MMO'OTX to grab an entire memo into an array.

A memo may include interim blank lines as well as indented lines. I would like to preserve that formatting in the resulting SQL text field. I believe that means I need to end each logical line with "\n" and I need to preserve lead spaces (without introducing extra ones). I am not sure how to do this.

If I strip each line of the INMEMO results array and concatenate those lines together, I end up with all but the first line containing lead spaces in addition to any lead spaces that some lines may already have had. Even lines that are unindented in INMEMO displays get lead spaces in the result array.

If I trim each line to get rid of unwanted lead spaces, I lose the lead spaces that the user-entered for indentation purposes.

The array also gives me no indication of where a logical line ends, so I don't know where to place the "\n" characters.

Are these problems inherent in MMO'OTX? Should I be using MMO'LIN instead?

ashell v6.2.1424.0

Re: How to Convert INMEMO to SQL text field? #31134 19 Apr 16 05:41 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Assuming you want to be able to view or print the saved text outside of INMEMO, I think you'll need to use MMO'LIN mode. That way you can preserve the leading spaces on each line, and add "\n" terminators.

The MMO'OTX mode would probably only be practical if you were going to retrieve the text from SQL and then feed it back into INMEMO for displaying.

Re: How to Convert INMEMO to SQL text field? #31135 22 Apr 16 09:22 AM
S
Steven Shatz Offline OP
OP Offline
S
FYI: MMO'LIN solved the problem. Thanks.

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin