Next Thread
Print Thread
Change display name on forum #31350 01 Aug 19 08:27 PM
J
John Andreasen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi,

I cannot figure out how to change my display name on the forum. Does anyone else know how?

Thanks,
John Andreasen

Re: Change display name on forum [Re: John Andreasen] #31354 05 Aug 19 09:01 PM
Ty Griffin Offline
Hey John... I investigated a bit and it seems that users of the forum can't change the name of users on the forum. I hope none of the A-Shell software developers set up systems that are so apparently dumb, arbitrary and counter-intuitive as that!

In order to change your display name, you have to request it of a moderator, which is Jack or me. So let us know the desired name and I'll change it for you.

Though I should point out that any hope you may have had for anonymity is now pretty well destroyed. If you're hoping to leave "John A" behind and come back as The Green Lantern or the Mighty Sword of Cutting-Edge Programming, everybody's going to know it's you...

Re: Change display name on forum [Re: John Andreasen] #31365 06 Aug 19 04:48 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I think we figured out how to enable this. You should be able to edit your own profile now and change your display name.

Re: Change display name on forum [Re: John Andreasen] #31387 08 Aug 19 02:27 PM
J
John Andreasen Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi,

Thank you both for looking into this! As tempting as some of those other names sound, I think I will just go with my full name. Maybe Jack wants to change his though. cool

Thanks!
John Andreasen

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin