Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
APN compil 913 #31513 22 Aug 19 05:12 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
FYI, I just pushed the latest available compile.exe/ctags.exe to the repo.

P.S. have you seen that bitbucket is removing mercurial repository support in 2020? I moved a few projects to git a couple of years ago, but it looks like we'll be moving that way.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #31514 22 Aug 19 06:01 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Thanks - I should have taken care of that myself but forgot.

And yes, I saw the notice and filed it under "ugh, another thing to deal with" frown

(I've been using TortoiseHg for the A-Shell source code and not thrilled to have to convert to something else, but I guess it's in the cards...)

Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #31517 23 Aug 19 01:19 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
Not sure how complicated your workflow for A-Shell source is (i.e. branching/merging), but mercurial itself isn't going away. So if you don't have a bitbucket based repo you can continue to use that while you get comfortable with git for simpler repositories.

Also, you may be able to use the hggit extension in TortoiseHg to continue to use the GUI. I've had varying degrees of success with the extension. I think for repos like APN and SOSLIB where you're only committing to the default branch it should work pretty seemlessly.

I've tested quite a few git GUI apps, and the most TortoiseHg like one I've found is SourceTree from Atlassian. SourceTree doesn't have any Explorer context menu integration, but there is a TortoiseGit that only has explorer integration.

I too feel like "ugh, another thing to deal with". I guess that's life though!

Stephen Funkhouser
Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #31520 24 Aug 19 10:32 PM
J
Online Content
J
At least life in the computer business.
I do try to minimize branching, so maybe I can get away with the hggit extension. Just need to find some free time to play with that and/or TortoiseGit.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #32349 04 Mar 20 05:44 PM
S
OP Online Content
S
We're getting closer to the June 1 deadline. Any thoughts on what you're going to do with the APN/SOSLIB/etc. repositories on bitbucket?

Stephen Funkhouser
Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #32350 04 Mar 20 05:58 PM
J
Online Content
J
Uh, ignore it? sleep

Seriously, I guess it's time to get start getting serious about it. As soon as I finish off my current in-progress list (which includes the new XMPP interface, a new XML digital signature routine, a major upgrade of the dynamic memory pool garbage collection, several minor bug fixes and refinements, and a review/upgrade of the various installer packages. And I thought all this technology was supposed to simplify our lives? confused)

Re: APN compil 913 [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #32935 28 Jun 20 12:53 AM
J
Online Content
J
For what it's worth, I think I may have succeeded in converting the APN repository from Mercurial to Git.

You should be able to clone the repository from the BitBucket / MicroSabio / APN page

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin