Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
EMAILX #31639 12 Sep 19 04:10 PM
S
Stuart Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We are experiencing a problem with one customer where odd email requests are failing. I believe I have tied it down to a timing issue with their servers, but am not yet sure.

The error produced is Status 80 - Bad attachment.

I can't find anything more about this error. What are the likely causes for it please? (Hopefully, they will include or only be a missing file)

Re: EMAILX [Re: Stuart] #31651 13 Sep 19 08:09 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi Stuart, check if there are colons around laugh

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: EMAILX [Re: Stuart] #31652 13 Sep 19 02:18 PM
S
Stuart Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No, nothing like that. Same document, fails one time then goes through later. I just need to know a bit more detail about the 'bad attachment' part of the error message. Given that I doubt there is any kind of interpretation of the document at the time it is supposed to be attached, it is probably just as I suspect and the error actually means 'it's bad because I can't find it!'.

I've put a one time retry loop in, so we'll see how it goes with that.

Re: EMAILX [Re: Stuart] #31653 13 Sep 19 04:08 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
After looking at the code, I can confirm that the only cause of that error is lookup failure. In fact, here's the code:

Code
            if abs(lookup(ATT'FILE(AX))) < 1 then
                SAVE'STATUS = EMS_BADATT

And you're right, there's no way that EMAILX is going to do any interpretation of the contents of the document, so it was really a bad choice of error name/description. It should have been "Attachment not found". (Or, it was found but had zero bytes in it, which I think could occur if the file hadn't been closed yet.)

If that doesn't clear it up quickly, you can trace the exact filespec by using the combination of SET TRACE FOPENS ON and SET TRACE XDEBUG ON before you run your program, then check the ashlog.

On a side note to the joker sitting in the back of classroom: I found the cause of that colon problem and will release the patch in 6.5.1667.2. But that's for PDFX emailing, not EMAILX. So pipe down back there! grin

Re: EMAILX [Re: Stuart] #31654 13 Sep 19 04:58 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
blush

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin