Next Thread
Print Thread
Find in main program and include files #34480 22 Jul 21 09:42 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Good morning,

Any clue about what can be wrong in my APN install that aborts Find in "Current program (with ++includes)" ?

I'm now with a new computer, but I had the same problem in the previous one just never stopped to investigate.
I said "abort" because it seems too fast to display the message at the status bar saying that nothing was found.

Thanks

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Find in main program and include files [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #34481 22 Jul 21 02:02 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Looking through the code, here are two details that might qualify as clues...

1. The current file has to be identified as an "asbmain" file type, which is based on the extension being listed after "asbmain:" on the --langmap= line in the \ctags\additgionalLanguages.conf file ...
Code
--langdef=asb
--langmap=asb:.bas.bp.bpi.bsi.cpy.def.fnp.gen.get.lsx.map.mps.opn.sdf.siz.stru.sub.upd,python:+.pyw,asbmain:.bas.bp
--regex-asb=/^\s*function\s+(.*)\(/\1/f,Function/i

2. The logic is slightly different depending on whether you are working within a Project or not. In the Project case, there should be a file %TEMP%\APN\<pid>\curproj.lst specifying the project attributes and a \Customer Projects\includes directory containing .lst file listing the ++includes associated with each main program in the project.

Otherwise, there should be a directory %TEMP%\APN\<pid>\ppg\includes with a similar list.

I usually start with a Project, but then once the Project is created and selected, from then on I just use the Workspace method of saving/retrieving my context between sessions. (The Workspace contains the Project.) So I'm generally always working in Project mode.

Re: Find in main program and include files [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #34482 22 Jul 21 04:06 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi Jack,
I always work with Projects, one for each package, and I have the extension files correctly set (via the Tools option), and following your directions, I found the PID folders for each of my projects and the files you described.
And you know what?
Now, the Find with includes it's working perfectly crazy

Now that you teached me the logic behind this, my guess is that, I tried the find in the first project after install, that needed a few tweaks to adjust paths and end up crashing so, probably, those folders in the %temp% were not correct or had a wrong PID.
The fact is that, I tried the find now with my opened projects and worked fine in all of them.

Thanks a lot

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal