Next Thread
Print Thread
run incompatible format #34858 31 Dec 21 01:27 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi Jack,

I'm trying to run one program with an old release, around 6.1.1399, and I'm getting this message

?RUN file is in an incompatible format (GC211:Y2K392 -- 0xf2f6)

I tried to search but didn't found, but I have in mind that after a certain release of the compiler adds something to the run file making it incompatible for older versions, am I right?
If so, can you tell me which version was that?

And, of course, I take this chance to renew the wish for an excellent 2022 for everybody, starting with an ecellent New Years Eve, in safe mode.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: run incompatible format [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #34860 31 Dec 21 08:46 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi Jorge,

I suspect it happened when the minimum version info was added to the RUN header in 6.5.1657

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but the /F1 compiler switch (also introduced at the same time and described in that release note link) may provide a workaround (assuming you want to compile under a newer version but run under an older one.)

But by now you should be putting the computer to sleep and switching into party mode! I wish I could be there to assist with that, but who knows, maybe 2022 will be the year for it!

Re: run incompatible format [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #34863 01 Jan 22 11:57 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Happy New Year, hopefully the year for the next A-Shell Conference?
The party was great and the vintage programming task completed successfully so, it was a good farewell from 2021 and better welcome 2022.
Hope that everybody enjoyed a great (small) party. wink

Thank you for the information, that's what I was looking for, but probably the /F1 switch would not solve the issue, at least, with my interpretation of the documentation:
"The new switch may be useful in cases where even though the program contains features incompatible with an earlier A-Shell version, you know that those features will never be invoked in that environment."

Because I need all the features in the program.
Anyway, I've decided to compile the program directly on that old area and adjust the code for each listed error (ife/ife$, .FN, .isnull).
It was an extraordinary experience to edit and compile in VUE crazy
Case solved but I will try that /F1 just to check the result.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Jorge Tavares - UmZero; 01 Jan 22 11:58 AM.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin