Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Printing from XTree - fit to page? #36608 08 Sep 23 01:03 PM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
I've had the follow issue/question from a customer and thought ill forward it on here... smile

A user is trying to print out of the despatch confirmations data grid (XTree); however, the printout has started cutting off some of the data :

[Linked Image]

After sending the customer off for some excellent detective work he came back with:

so I reset the printer, but still got the same issue. I tried adding a different printer but still got the same issue. The person next to the user having the problem had the same access and the same printers, but he printed fine.

I finally figured out that the screen's resolution caused it. We recently swapped out this person's 17” square monitor for a 22” widescreen monitor. The person next to him still has 17” monitors, which is why it worked for them.

Is there a way to change the resolution Madics is expecting for this view?

Any Thoughts? (Actually I though it would of printed more not less having a wider monitor)

Attached Files 2023-09-08_13-56-23.png
Last edited by Steve - Caliq; 08 Sep 23 01:04 PM.
Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36613 08 Sep 23 03:28 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I'm assuming this is the XTREE-embedded print feature, which bases the print view on the screen view. The screen view shouldn't be affected by the physical dimensions of the monitor, but will be affected by the resolution and the desktop/font adjustment factors, and possibly by the size of the original main window. Partly that depends on whether the tree is within a dialog using MBF_ALTPOS or not. In the MBF_ALTPOS case, the XTREE size units are based on the standard desktop font size. Otherwise they're based on the main window grid size. And then to further complicate matters, the tree may be allowing the user to save a custom configuration, after which all bets are off in terms of why one workstation has a different layout than another.

If you added the $RESETCFG option to your PopupMenu, you might start by having the two users use it to reset their configurations to the default. But ultimately if you want the print option to look a certain way, you have to first get the XTREE view to look that way, whether by manually resizing the columns and or the tree itself, or by adjusting the font scale.

Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36614 08 Sep 23 03:38 PM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, and correct its the XTREE-embedded print feature - I may just tell them to right click and export to Excel then print it? smile otherwise maybe I get them to $RESET as they can do their own custom XTree configuration.
Maybe now its one for Monday...
Have a fun weekend everyone.

Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36616 08 Sep 23 03:42 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Whew! (TGIF)

Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36642 11 Sep 23 06:13 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
Steve - happens to me all the time, most grids are too wide to fit on a normal 8.5x11 output. In some cases i instruct the user to select landscape and that will populate a few more columns.. this will satisfy them "most" of the time but not on ultra wide grids.

Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36644 12 Sep 23 07:45 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Frank that a good tip 'landscape' ! Thanks.

Re: Printing from XTree - fit to page? [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36647 12 Sep 23 02:42 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
wink

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin