Next Thread
Print Thread
Email in HTML mode #36690 27 Sep 23 08:59 PM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content OP
OP Online Content
J
Hi guys,
In first place I want to exteriorize my anxiety for our get together in a few weeks.
In second place inform in advance that this post is not an issue, just an information that can be useful or useless if everyone knew the following already, I didn't grin

I was adjusting a module to send emails, usually the content of such emails are very simple not needing too much worries about design.
But in this case the destination are students and the content their grades.
Besides my customer didn't request any special care about the design, I thought it would be nice that young people receive something more structured instead of basic text not even aligned, a nice table would be perfect.
But I had in mind that we couldn't do anything more than use successive //PDFX,Email.Content, statements with raw text.
That's true, but addding "//PDFX,Email.Content,<html xmlns=";chr(34);"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";chr(34);">" on the top we can use HTML attributes and a basic <table border='1'> makes all the difference, like the image attached.

I didn't realize such possibility until today so, decided to share in case others thought the same, the problem now is to know when to stop adjusting the details of the email body cry

Hope to see most of you ver soon, have fun until there

Attached Files pdfxemailhtml.jpg

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal
Re: Email in HTML mode [Re: Jorge Tavares - UmZero] #36693 27 Sep 23 09:20 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Hi Jorge,

Great idea! Not just the email hack but the idea to "exteriorize my anxiety" about the Conference! cool (Assuming of course that it would actually de-interiorize some of my excess.)

But to get back to your email trick, basically all that EMAILX does to allow basic HTML in the body is to add Content-Type: text/html at the top. Your version is a bit more elaborate, but basically the same idea. Probably we should add a note about that to the PDFX doc. So thank you for that!

Looking forward to it...

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin