Next Thread
Print Thread
Post A-Shell Conference #36752 23 Oct 23 08:59 AM
M
Matt - OmniLedgr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Morning folks...

I look out my window this morning and am met with a grizzly British Autumn day... the golden beaches of LA now only a memory. The jetlag has (almost) let me go.

I want to thank you all for a fantastic experience over the last week, I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot, but even more than that I got to de-compress and hang out with you guys. The family atmosphere made it even more fun and getting to know you all was a pleasure. The hotel and Hermosa area were really something special!

It is an event that will stay with me!

Special thanks to Ty and Jack for bringing the whole thing together.

Cheers

P.S. I am telling the other Dev's that you guys are terrible and they would hate but only so I get to come again next time grin

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36753 23 Oct 23 09:03 AM
Steve - Caliq Offline
I 2nd that Matt, along with the grizzly British Autumn day (at least is sunny!) and a screen-saver as the golden beaches of LA and desk top background of everyone at the conference (well ok, maybe that would be a step too far) smile
Now downloading 7.0 to my Linux development virtual machine....

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Steve - Caliq] #36754 23 Oct 23 09:13 AM
M
Matt - OmniLedgr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah, it slightly ruined the self-pitying image when the weather actually turned out to be fairly nice yesterday and this morning, albeit 10c cooler. I was being poetic grin.

Last edited by Matt - OmniLedgr; 23 Oct 23 09:34 AM.
Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36755 23 Oct 23 01:41 PM
G
GreggC Offline
G
I'd like to jump in and express my appreciation to Jack and Ty for putting on a wonderful event. The location was beautiful and I didn't realize how much I needed to get away and spend time with my extended family. I too learned a lot of new things. I downloaded 7.0 while we were there and have been running it since. Nothing has blown up yet (crosses fingers).

I look forward to the next get together. Until then, Y'all stay safe and happy coding!

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36756 23 Oct 23 07:41 PM
J
John Andreasen Offline
J
Yes, thanks again to Jack, Ty, and Mona for being such wonderful hosts! I enjoyed making everyone's acquaintance.

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36757 23 Oct 23 07:44 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
I "assume" some work was done at this retreat!! (er, conference??!) crazy

Looking forward to the many GB of updates!

Jack - when do you anticipate the next microsabio mission statement with an outline of what to expect in the next 12-24 mos?

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36758 25 Oct 23 12:39 AM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I'm just now recovering from the jet lag and other side effects of the Conference -- and I only had travel about 50 miles up the 405. (Then again, with the traffic here, some of you might have beat me home!) I'm still metabolizing the many good ideas served up by the participants were a lot to metabolize, so you may have to wait awhile for that mission statement. But if memory serves, I think the consensus was that we've already added every feature that anyone could ever want in a language! cool So other than a few refinements, the main item on the to-do list is get 7.0 fully stabilized, debugged and deployed. On the business side, Ty is going to be hard at work on the new transactional revenue model which should keep us solvent for, well, as long as there are transactions.

A huge Thank You to all of those who made the trip. I know it's a big expense, and a lot of time out of the office, but there's something about spending a few days together with your coding compadres (especially this group!) that makes it all worthwhile, and can't be replaced by the forum, email, social media, etc. I know I get a lot out of it. I'm not even sure we'd still be in business this long if we hadn't been having these meetings (biennially from 2002 except for the pandemic gap since 2018). We may be a little out of practice, but I think this was one of the better ones. (And that's not even counting the swag!)

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36759 25 Oct 23 01:49 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
cool

Re: Post A-Shell Conference [Re: Matt - OmniLedgr] #36777 02 Nov 23 10:48 AM
J
Jorge Tavares - UmZero Online Content
Online Content
J
Good morning/afternoon,
I know, I'm late here for a few words about the Conference but it took me a while to get back to normal life after such good days in California.
Never late to say how remarkable was Jack's presentation, this guy talked for hours keeping all of us completely focused and still able to come with a lot of "new" stuff, at least for me.
On the previous conferences, we all know how long were our wish lists and critical demands to keep us in business, the big conclusion on this one, I think unanimous, was that A-Shell is solid and delivers all the critical features.
This doesn't mean we're done but means that Jack have done a wonderful job all these years and besides we all know that, I want to leave here a big THANK YOU.
Also say that, all this great work has an huge background support with Mona and Ty and I will never find the right words to express how excellent is this team.
We, family/community, also have our merit on A-Shell's excelence, more than a product it became a concept, it's not a programming language, it's not a development platform, it's a "solutions delivery" thought by a group of wonderful smart guys.

I'm not going to talk about the happy hours and all the leisure activities in name of personal data protection except to say that everything was awsome and I'm already dreaming with the next one, no matter where it will be but would love if everybody could attend.

Big hug to everybody, we are just a wonderful and unique group.

Jorge Tavares

UmZero - SoftwareHouse
Brasil/Portugal

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin