Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes #36970 15 Jan 24 04:41 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
I'm having an issue in my development environment with AG_FTPSYNC, and there are no error codes in the docs. The same code is working in production, so should be able to track down what's going wrong with the error code.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #36972 15 Jan 24 06:37 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Are you using AG_FTPSYNC directly? Or ATSYNC.LIT?

(AG_FTPSYNC is only used, as far as I know, in ATSYNC, and for that reason isn't even documented, but perhaps I passed the details on to you at some point?)

In the ATSYNC case, it reports a status code, which should give us a start. Any negative values should be those listed under the ASHNET Status Codes Table (same as for XCALL FTP2). It should also leave behind a file %TEMP%\ashnet.log on the client machine, with the complete set of gory details.

The same should probably apply to the AG_FTPSYNC case, unless the error occurs prior to or outside the boundaries of SFTP operations.

If you give me some more details, it may help be dig up the right information (and ideally, update the docs accordingly).

Re: AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #36973 15 Jan 24 06:53 PM
J
Online Content
J
I should add that AG_FTPSYNC will create a temp file %ATECACHE%\ateftp.log listing the individual files transferred, along with a status code, i.e.
Code
<status>,<hostspec>,<localspec>

Re: AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #36974 15 Jan 24 07:11 PM
J
Online Content
J
Also, after some digging, here are some additional error code possibilities:
Code
Code  Meaning
----  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1    Login failure or ^C interrupt
 3    Invalid SFTP port, or invalid local directory, or unable to link to FTPDLX, or unable to create temp file

-2    Command line syntax error (missing comma?), or out of memory
-3    Unable to open temp file
-4    File sync disabled by ATE
-5    Can't link to ashnet library, or opcode sequence error
-6    Temp file error or opcode sequence error
-7    No hostdir (not specified and not logged in)

Re: AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #36976 15 Jan 24 08:26 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
We co-developed AG_FTPSYNC for use with ATSYNC and our print filter that handles transferring all aux files images and xtext files for GDI printing.

I think I'm seeing a -15. I'll have to get back to you on debugging on my side. I have some website responsibilities for a customer.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: AG_FTPSYNC status/errors codes [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #36977 15 Jan 24 08:30 PM
J
Online Content
J
Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now...

Error -15 is an ASHNET Error Code

ANETERR_CONNECT - failure to connect (ssh)

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin