Next Thread
Print Thread
ATE: Vertical scroll bar #37088 09 Feb 24 05:45 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Here is a softball question for Friday -

I have noticed since migrating to 7.x ATE that i will randomly get a vertical scrollbar on the ATE screen. I have not requested it (that i am aware of). How do i suppress that from populating?

TIA

Re: ATE: Vertical scroll bar [Re: Frank] #37089 09 Feb 24 05:49 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Well dam apparently it was a softball - i discovered the "scroll back" option was checked... didn't even realize that was a thing. Leaving this up for future generations wink

Re: ATE: Vertical scroll bar [Re: Frank] #37090 09 Feb 24 06:34 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
Actually, it may be more complicated than that. And in line with the typical ways of the world, what you're complaining about may actually be an attempt at feature. frown

There's at least one LIT command (COMPIL) and possibly others, that automatically turn on the vertical scroll bar when they detect that something of potential interest has scrolled off the top of the screen. (This is in response to people complaining that there weren't able to see important stuff before it scrolled away.) So think of it as a feature! And remember: it probably doesn't affect any end-user since they wouldn't be working at the dot prompt. Plus, you can also use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-UP to toggle the scroll bar on and off (and CTRL-UP / CTRL-DOWN to scroll up/down).

Re: ATE: Vertical scroll bar [Re: Frank] #37091 09 Feb 24 06:38 PM
F
Frank Online Content OP
OP Online Content
F
Thanks for the clarification! Not knocking the "feature" at all but what i have noticed is that when active it tends to clip the right side of our app which is my primary concern, and honestly i didn't know when or how it appeared. I just didn't want this to somehow trigger for an end user. If it's primary a "developer tool" then all good! smile

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin