Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Demonstation Mode issue #37295 19 Apr 24 06:23 PM
S
Stephen Funkhouser Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
I had to revert the laptop I installed 1752.3 on back to 6.5 because of SFTP issues. After digging into the issue in my environment I think the problem boils down to the depreciation of FTPDLX. We have been using FTPDLX for Window's A-Shell because the version of ashnet.dll was not new enough to support the XFTPF_RMVEXT flag. I had comments in our FTP code about that change and was waiting to update that to switch to FTP2 for that flag.

The issue I believe is that FTP2 status codes are not equivalent to FTPDLX status codes, and our logic testing for (status # 0) reporting error. From looking at the server the files the user reported errors for were successfully uploaded.

We're going to update all these laptops to 6.5.1726.0; which, has a new enough ashnet.dll to support the XFTPF_RMVEXT flag, and then modify our code to use FTP2.

1. Does this sound right
2. I'm in favor of the move to FTP2, but it seems like a quagmire if the status codes don't return the same as FTPDLX

Thanks

P.S. Feel free to move this to a new post as it's not directly related to the Demo mode issue.

Last edited by Stephen Funkhouser; 19 Apr 24 06:24 PM.

Stephen Funkhouser
Diversified Data Solutions
Re: Demonstation Mode issue [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #37299 19 Apr 24 06:44 PM
J
Jack McGregor Online Content
Online Content
J
I attempted splicing this to the thread FTPDLX -> FTP2 but it seems not to have worked correctly, so I've copied and reposted it there.

Re: Demonstation Mode issue [Re: Stephen Funkhouser] #37308 22 Apr 24 02:46 PM
F
Frank Online Content
Online Content
F
Thanks for the headsup!

Moderated by  Jack McGregor, Ty Griffin